Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ascension Celebration


"Here is a message we need to take in, absorb as we start new phases in the work we are doing with lives Spirit sends our way. So many people are afraid of the men, and women who mature and deepen their spiritual path in prisons. Listen to the voice of a Grandfather: Bear Warrior." ~Dawn Wolf

Reflections
When I was in prison I remember one day I was just looking into the toilet bowl. I was fascinated for some reason at how clearly I could see my reflection in the water. I flushed the toilet and just like that my reflection was gone. For some reason I don’t know why but I just kept looking into that toilet bowl. I noticed that it took a long time for my reflection to come back.

In life we are faced with many decisions and like flushing the toilet bowl one bad decision can make you lose your reflection, your character, your integrity and your good name. When that happens it will take a long time to get it back. Some never get their reflection, character, integrity and good name back. By looking at my reflection in a toilet bowl sitting in my prison cell I learned a very valuable lesson. Now before making a decision I pray and wait for guidance. When I find myself making decisions before praying, seeking guidance and contemplating my options I find that there are usually repercussions.

On the battlefield the one day that I didn’t pray was the same day that I was injured in a firefight. I am still paying for this thirty years later. Praying and thinking before acting will take you on a smoother journey in life and my prayer is that everyone who sees you will see a good reflection.

Written by Bear Warrior
Native American Bear Warrior & fiance Yolanda Bailey

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful testimony and I bare witness to the truth of your message, to pray and wait for guidance. In the carnal sense, I know it is a challenge to wait. After all, we live in an instant gratification society resulting in as you so poignantly put it “When I find myself making decisions before praying, seeking guidance and contemplating my options I find there are usually repercussions.” In my experience, blood pressure was elevated; head was pounding and I was chocking myself with angry energy because things did not go my way.

    I was taught and experienced the protocol of going through the "burn" of waiting. For me it felt like a mini volcano ready to aim and throw lava. When my focus turned to praying, thinking and talking to God about what actions steps to take and when to be still and listen. I felt the inner peace in my spirit. The saneness of my emotion and the physically heartwarming comfort when the Creator produced the outcome either for or against my desires. I serve for his pleasure.

    I really enjoy this kind of communication. It has rekindled my love to write and most importantly, I am becoming more conscience of my past, present and future walk with the Creator.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete