Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CANCER HEALING & POWER


A 60-minute documentary and photo expose

http://web.me.com/fingerposttv/Naked/Welcome.html


Meredith Gray waits patiently as Claudia Hehr prepares to photograph her naked body’s hills and valleys of shadow and light. That landscape is about to change dramatically in the coming months – surgeons will remove and reconstruct Meredith’s breasts on January 13, 2009. She has decided to strip herself bare, both physically and emotionally, for the documentary NAKED.
NAKED is a raw and revealing portrait of a woman confronting death that has chosen to make her story a lesson for living fully and with joy, her body an art project, and her suffering a political force for improving health care for women diagnosed with breast cancer. The documentary also examines the medical science that will guide the reconstruction and recovery of her body – and may save her life.

Thoughtful, courageous and funny, Meredith reveals all as she fills her days with visits to her breast surgeon and oncologist, consults with plastic surgeons, battles with health insurance and makes time to find the art in agony along the way.
“I wanted to expose my personal ordeal with breast cancer before the cameras to help call attention to the plight of the hundred of thousands of women that have faced, are facing or will face this hideous disease. Knowing I share this epidemic with women of every race and nationality only makes me more determined not to allow self-pity, sadness or the “why me” syndrome to enter my life. I have a story to tell, a voice to be heard and a mission to accomplish. Cancer will not win this battle – I will.”







No comments:

Post a Comment