Tuesday, October 27, 2009

D A W N W O L F


"Here is a perfect rendition of the dream I held of a medicine bird I would love to have upon my body. The story of my native name, Dawn Wolf, is in this drawing.The artist is a London-based one named edit magyar (http://editmagyar.blogspot.com/).
I have wanted a tattoo for years. I wouldn't because I never wanted to have an identifiable mark on me that would be used against me. Having dark skin is a challenge in police states or the United States. But her art work sings to me. I am older now, and those youthful concerns don't occupy my thought process. I am concerned about the permanence of tattoos. Energies move around, and perceptions change us, and the world around us. My only reluctance to a tattoo centers on this understanding ofenergy, and how it moves.

If I was to have a tattoo I would design a ceremony around it and move into the era of my living for the time of the energy reflected in the drawing. Tattoos come from a deep place within us, and arose from the histories we share with people long since departed from our atmosphere; perhaps our galaxy. Tattooes are mirrors when viewed from above by those-who-see-far. We are not alone on this planet. We agreed to live with others we don't see, and others we have forgotten. Tattoos single the wearer out, making inaudible sounds in a language we forgot to a people we don't remember but imitate, and dream about day and night. Isn't that something?" – Dawn Wolf, Keeper of Stories

1 comment: