Wednesday, February 24, 2010

an AFRICAN-AMERICAN CREATION STORY

THE RETURN OF OSIRIUS
By: Carmen Stevenson

As I lie with him
I hear the pulse of his heart
Beat… it’s rhythm sacred
like the drum,
becomes a song with my own.

I feel the strength of his body
Strong, like the strength of my people.
He is the color of mystery
Black, like the birth of creation.
He is warm like the sun…Africa’s jewel.
His hair like ebony ringlets
provides a halo for a Master Mind.

In his face I see the boy
of his Larger Self Waking.
Here lies the Original Man
A synthesis of Malcolm and Martin.
As I put my head over his heart,
His arms encircle me…I feel eternity.

Then his heart spoke to me and said:
‘Queen of my love’, I have returned to you
for four hundred years I have been held captive
scattered to the four corners of the earth,
decapitated and castrated, crucified
before the world.

You also walked the
‘Valley of the Shadow of Death’.
I could not be there for you then,

For I was not a man…
Alone you bore the weight of caring
for our family, a weight I was denied to share.
I saw in your face ‘My Black Flower’
the determination to survive.

It is through your womb that we yet exist.
In your affliction you saw and understood
My conquered condition.
Your eyes spoke and said
‘I love you still’…
Your love was the resurrection of my Return.

I am the Osirus that lies in the soul
of every Black Man,
who has been redeemed by the love
of a Black woman.
I have climbed from the pit of the beast
and stand with my back unbent.

It is a new day, justice has prevailed
and Amen-Ra has given me my crown
and my throne.
Isis, my queen sit next to me
For I have returned.

The Oracle: The Voice of Visionary Poetry
Page 75, 76
© 2001 All Rights Reserved.

my son Lemuel (One Wolf) & his girlfriend Talia


No comments:

Post a Comment