Sunday, May 9, 2010

NATURAL MYSTIQUE

mystery of a black woman's allure

“...Discovering what is within you. Discovering the reflections of what ails your surroundings is within you and is the best teacher of spirit in the hands of anyone.” – Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of the Sacred Medicine Wheels

mystery of a black woman's allure



With my daughters I stressed the importance of developing and the development of their mystique. The best example was within my own mother whose mystique has become prayers, and a playful source of insight, powerful words, and the glean in the eye of her wisdom. All around the women who have not lost this sense of being have found a way to teach my daughters.


Now women my daughters, Vania, and Janvier, are the finest examples of young womanhood that conceals the obvious, and reveals the hidden with suggestions, the nuances of a shrug, or the tilt of a head. It is hard to explain accurately. My daughters are great teachers of their father's spirit.”~Gregory E. Woods


photo of Suzanne Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment