Sunday, March 28, 2010

RELATIONSHIP TO TRUTH

"It is said that the opposite of an ordinary fact is a lie, but the opposite of one great truth may be another great truth. We live with many profound paradoxes in our lives, values that may seem to pull us in opposite directions. Profound truths are like twins whom we hold, not putting down one for the other. The holding of paradoxes is not always easy. How do we be present to our own pain, fear, loss, disappointments sufficiently to make them part of the fiber and fabric of who we are, while trusting and holding the good, the joy, the excitement, the love of life? - When have you felt so overwhelmingly the one pole of a paradox that you lost sight of the other? Thanks for all of the dialogue, debate and exchange and for the hundreds and thousands who simply read and learned. I'd close by saying peace...but Justice must precede it." -Emilio Williams


1 comment:

  1. SO true. So eloquently put.
    This is something that most people fight with themselves every day. But I can say it is getting easier for me, because not only have I begun to understand my inner self, but I have also began to see the other side. The side that does not belong to me but to the other person that might be my sole mate or just another human that is presented in your path. Now with this I am not saying that I have found my sole mate, but that any one that comes too close to me, I try to study them, ask them questions, to make sure we understand each other.

    The hard part for me was first understanding myself, now the rest is a little harder. But I am sure that with the things that Gregory write, and now the things you write, I have begun to understand myself and others. We do not live on this Earth alone, so the more you understand the better it is for each and every one of us.

    Thank you Emilio, thank you I say for sending this particular one to me.

    Blessed be......Bori.

    ReplyDelete