Monday, May 31, 2010

DAUGHTER PRAYER

"There is a tradition in my family which is traceable through our ancestry. I was receptive to it, resented it sometimes when I was a young adult, and eventually grew to embrace it because it was a life link for many people in need of the connections my parents could consciously make with people younger than me. People would sometimes see, and sense my parent’s spirit, or would emerge from a standing relationship with my parents miles from their parent’s homes and ask my parents to adopt them into our family. Daddy and Mommy would, from my view, inhale expanding their energy and the power of their spiritual covering, and exhale releasing a force gentle, like wind, and lovingly sweep the individual into our family for as long as they needed.



This is deep in my Medicine. I didn't realize how deeply it was embedded within me until my own children were teenage children admired by other parents struggling along with things out of their depths. When some began to ask me to take and adopt their children into my family I was shocked, and had to take counsel from my parents. I didn’t think I was an ideal father. Fatherhood is such an evolving craft. But my father and mother shouldering the concept found ways to convey how to relax and accept the offers with wisdom conscious of the timing, and well aware of my own children who are my first priority. Being approached in this way has always stirred me. It feels like a touch of eternity, and heavy, at the same time, like Earth under my feet. I can’t describe the feeling, but it is a responsibility to assist in other people’s growth process especially when it is a life and death crisis to the soul. I learned how to address the process, and it is a process. Sometimes it is as simple as hearing the words, and Ebbie spoke the words, and my Medicine answered and accepted it. This is the connection between Ebbie and I. This story is mine. It lives in the deep place of soul, and counsel.” –Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories




Breath of a Butterfly

When I awaken
into the power of
Heart unto Soul
may I be a little
Butterfly breath
as it inhales lifeforce
as it exhales lifeforce
WellBEing ...in me.

When I Walk in beauty
and into the power of
all that is Ancient in
my Heart Songs may I
breathe as Butterfly
before she left her
cocoon ...as me.

When I Fly atop Dreams
and spread my Wings of
magikal transformation
hear me Ancestors as I
shed the cocoon and
open these Sacred Wings
breathing in,
breathing out,
double breathing.
I am a Sacred Butterfly

I AM

A Child of the Divine
and one day a Woman
will emerge, her Wings
will be ...as mine.

I am awakening
into the power of my
Sacred Soul on Fire
and into the arms of
my BEloved's Heart
where I will breathe
a Oneness
As a Sacred Butterfly

As a Child into a Woman
emerging with Wings
embracing the Heart
and Joy life will bring.


photo: Ebbie Lavigne, daughter

Dedicated to a Sacred Daughter, beloved and everloved. Everblessed and overflowing with the magik that is a Woman. -Mereana Taki
 
Nga mihi ki te Atua Ebbie and Gregory. May this Sacred Bond be ever nourished, strengthened and blessed eternally. Mauriora! Lifeforce WellBEing to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment