Friday, August 6, 2010

DONNA'S STORY

Rene'e I have followed the life of Leonard Peltier and have read many books like, In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, and I Buried my Heart at Wounded Knee. My Great Grandmother was Ojibwa so I carry a table spoon of red blood in my D.N.A.,and within all the history that I carry in this body, the red blood is the one I hold closest to my heart.

I'm a warrior woman, and no matter how many times I have tried to be something different, my spirit keeps bringing me back to the TRUTH. For ten years I taught and studied martial arts in a effort to try and keep a lid on my energy, I was trying to control. I was black belt champion of the state of Florida and had over 120 students in my legion. I gave it up for the TRUTH.

I studied hundreds of books on religion, healing and spirituality. Sat in circles, drummed, studied with Shamans, sweated in lodges, became an ordained minister, became a massage therapist, preformed ceremony and healing on hundreds of people, I'm certified in 10 different styles of body work, but, NONE OF IT MATTERS, because all of these hats that I wear are not who" I AM", and wearing titles and ranks are not the TRUTHS.

The only way you will truly know who you are is to strip it all away and stand naked if front of your ego.I worked with a Shaman who did this to me, and he lead me into the dark night of the soul. I was depressed for two years and dealt with unbelievable anger and pain, and than one day, I woke up, and I saw the light.

WE are not black, white, red or yellow. We are Creators, powerful Spirits created in Gods Image, and we are blinded with injustice, slavery, racism and fear. We are none of theses things, We are Spirits, Divine Beings, experiencing Humanism, and when we leave this planet we leave it all behind. Only a memory encoded in our DNA will exist. I don't want to leave here with pain and suffering in my heart.

WE have a battle to fight, but it is not to be fought with fists and weapons, it is to be fought with our minds and the power we hold inside. We are creators, powerful Beings of light. When the world crumbles around us we will be the ones that rebuild a new society based on love and compassion for our brothers and sisters of the light. It is not by chance that we are here for this time.

When you cross over you will be asked two questions Did you live your passion? Did you live your joy? Nothing else matters. -Donna Weinheimer (June 2, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment