Friday, July 30, 2010

The Book of Going Forth By Day part 2

THE ORIGINAL: THE DECLARATION OF INNOCENSE Of THE DEAD BEFORE THE GODS OF THE TRIBUNAL AT THE WEIGHING OF THE HEART

The Book of Going Forth By Day (The Egyptian Book Of The Dead) (The Papyrus of Ani) R.Faulkner
(This link to the first information.)



1. Oh Wide-strider who come forth from Heliopolis, I have not done wrong.


2. Fire-embracer who come forth from Kheraha, I have not robbed.


3. Nosey who came forth from Hermopolis, I have not stolen.


4. Swallower of Shades who came forth from Kernet, I have not slain people.


5.Terrible of Face who came forth from Rosetjau, I have not destroyed the food offerings.


6.Double Lion who came forth from the sky, I have not reduced measures.


7.He-whose-Eyes-are-in-Flames who comes forth from Asyut, I have not stolen the god's property.


8.Burning One who came forth backwards, I have not told lies.


10.Breaker of Bones who came forth from Memphis, I was not sullen.


11.He-of-the-Cavern who came forth from the West, I have not fornicated with the fornicator.


12.He-whose-Face-is-behind-him who came forth from his hole, I have not caused (anyone) to weep.


13.Anointed One who came forth from the chapel, I have not dissembled.


14.Hot-Legs who came forth at twilight, I have not transgressed.


15.He-who-is-Blood who came forth from the place of slaughter, I have not done grain-profiteering.


16.Eater of Entrails who came forth from the Council of Thirty, I have not robbed a parcel of land.


17.Lord of Truth who came forth from Hall of Two Truths, I have not discussed (secrets).


18.Strayer who came forth from Bubastis, I have brought no lawsuits.


19.Planter (?) who came forth from Heliopolis, I have not disputed at all about property.


20.Doubly Evil One who came forth from the Busirite Nome, I have not had intercourse with a married woman.


21.He-who-Sees-what-he-has-brought who came forth from the House of Min, I have not (wrongly
copulated.


22.He-who-is-over-the-Great-Ones who came forth from (?), I have not struck terror.


23.Demolisher who came forth from (?), I have not transgressed.


24.Proclaimer of Speech who came forth from Weryt, I have not been hot (tempered).


25.Youth who came forth from the Double Scepter Nome, I have not been neglectful of truthful words.


26.Dark One. who came forth from darkness, I have not cursed.


27.He-who-Brings-his-Offerings who comes forth from Asyut, I have not been violent.


28.Proclaimer of Voice who came forth from Wenis, I have not confounded (truth).


29.Possessor of Faces who came forth from Nedjefet, I have not been impatient.


30.Captain who came forth from Weten, I have not discussed.


31.Possessor of Two Horns who come forth from Asyut, I have not been garrulous about matters.


32.Nefertum who came forth from Memphis, I have not done wrong


33.I have not done evil.


34.He-who-does-not-(allow)-Surviviors who came forth from Busiris, I have not disputed the King.


35.He-who-Acts-as-he-Wishes who came forth from Antinaiopolis, I have not waded in water.


36.Thy who came forth from the Primordial Waters, My voice was not loud.


37.He-who-Prospers-the-Commom-People who came forth from Asyut, I have not cursed a god.


38.Uniter of Attributes who came forth from the Cavern, I have not made extollings (?).


39.Uniter of Good who came forth from the Cavern, I have not harmed the bread-ration of the gods.


40.Upraised of Head who came forth from the shrine, I have not stolen the Khenef-cakes from the Blessed.


41.He-who-Brings-his-Portion who came forth from the Hall of the Two Truths, I have not stolen Hefnu- cakes of a youth, (nor) have I fettered the god of my town.


42.He-who-Brightens-the-Land who came forth from Faiyum (?), I have not slain sacred cattle.


These 42 declarations were pronounced by the deceased after Anubis took him/her to the presence of the Goddess Maat and the Divine Judge Tehuti. If the Principles of Maat were respected the heart of the deceased would have nothing weighing down, so it would be lighter than the feather and everlasting life would be given due to respect of these laws that balance the Universe.

It is from these Principles, erroneously called the 42 Negative Confessions by European Egyptologists that the Christian religion got it’s 10 Commandments. Unlike the Spook principle of Idols and exterior divinity our ancestors manifested the indwelling divinity and said “I have not” instead of being ordered “Thou Shalt not”.

(Carmen Stevenson shared this rather extensive knowledge with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment