Tuesday, August 24, 2010

No Ordinary Love


The song, No Ordinary Love, its delivery, and the singer, Sade's quiet and elegant presence speaks to the historical truth of my love stories. This song speaks to the soul, the testimony of my commitment to loving deeply. I was trained to be a man, a lover, and a protector, and therefore steered away, ceremonially, from whoredom. Young man, there is a Priestcraft to celibacy, love making, friendship, loving a woman, and the path to understanding the soul of pussy is marked with challenge, and pleasures.

I was never a whore. There was a time I wanted to be one upon discovering the average woman was committed to superficial relationships. “You will never find a wife among mistress.” Old Man told me once. Realizing the average American woman was not trained by priestess, and could not grasp the breath of impeccability I was shattered into millions of shards of glass. Fragile as I was I had to hurl myself into reconstructive, and explorative research into the whys of my intentions, and outcomes. Not descending into whoredom was more important than my disappointments. It was the kernel of Life that gives Corn Mother her potency. I want never to make that journey again to reconnect to my Manhood Medicines because the life-death-resurrection of those lifetimes brought so much purity, and joy to me, and ended one dimension of itself into another with deep pain. So there were no permanent deaths. There were resurrections, or re-creations that led me to my wife who restored my soul, my faith, and understood my medicines.

There are few writings on the developmental process of daughters into wives immersed in the Mysteries who are grounded in Earth Medicine the way some Orisha’s connect their feet with the soil and inhale the universe into their present moment. My wife’s mother, an African-Indian woman, taught her five daughters these ways in a secret shape-shifting process to appear as a Baptist woman. It produced the proper number of mathematical equations that compose the spirituality of Womb teachings, Beaver Medicine, Wisdom, loving attention to details, and a deep insight into the soul-fabric of a husband steeped into the mysteries of his calling. Such a gift to have prepared for placed me gently into the folds of Marriage without the prerequisite element of most marriages: conflict. The work to get here was not easy. -Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of the Sacred Medicine Wheel teachings

 



No comments:

Post a Comment