Sunday, March 20, 2011

GENETIC MEMORIES

The Big White Clouds

a writing

Upon the news one day that one tall ship
Was sailing into the harbour,
My heart raced as I thought to grab the camera
And run off for some new exciting learning,
An adventure of film making and photography.

The brakes jammed to the floor suddenly
As I heard in a faint voice in the gust of wind:

“These were the people who took us away,
The big white clouds on the water coming to us,
What do they want? Why do they come?
Why do they seek to destroy us
Who supply them with everything?”

All this took place as I was getting out of the car,
At the dock with the tall ship EUROPA in front of me,
I let go of the camera, shoved it in the car and quickly
Closed the door.

No, I thought.

Times are changing.
With the upbringing I have had, I have learned
to almost worship the tall ships, especially the one
That I grew up along side with on Cape Cod,

The SHANANDOAH… Yes indeed,
Times are changing and so are my feelings
Of who I am and how I have grown up…

… and where the cycle of ignorance and assumption,
And most of all the love of money
Comes from.

I put my hands in my pockets,
Bowed my head,
And learned yet another lesson,
Today’s lesson…

My beliefs and treasures are not necessarily
Your beliefs and treasures…

Life has to be rethought and retaught,
With our mistakes in the spotlight…
With humility
And regret.

©Luc Majno



No comments:

Post a Comment