Sunday, January 8, 2012

SERENA WILLIAMS' musings

 
After winning her opening match of the 2012 tennis season, Serena Williams told reporters she doesn't love the sport in which she excels.



"I don't love tennis today but I'm here," she said after beating Chanelle Scheepers, 6-2, 6-3, in the first round of the Brisbane International. "I can't live without it -- there's a difference between not loving something and not being able to live without it. I have never liked sports and could never understand how I became an athlete."


Serena went on to say that she doesn't like working out or training and that her 2012 schedule will be scaled back in order to provide her rest for big tournaments. The lighter slate also is intended to keep her motivated.


Serena Williams in Australia jan 1, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment