Friday, March 23, 2012

PREGNANT at BIRTH: Pink

pregnant singer Pink & her husband Carey Hart had a daughter Willow June 1, 2011

I was stirred by Pink’s raw energy onstage whenever I saw her, and thought long about women I’d known over the years who turned me on making me wonder what life would be like if we hooked up, married or had a child together. I engaged a lot of self-analysis because my inclinations were daring; they were bold and dangerous at times. There was a wild spell I felt the pain of the realization that deep relationships with women were passé, and sent calls out for a woman raw, pink or brown who was really dangerous, sexy, passionate who would and could attach herself to me for the ride of a lifetime without the covenant ceremonies I was skilled at initiating. Incredible sex, adventure and the freedom of wander with or without her would have been ideal for me at the time.



One day Sheila told me about her wild Panamanian cousin in the Carolinas or Florida who was a skilled and professional thief. I saw her picture and looked at the danger in her eyes and said, “That’s it. She’s the one, Sheila! Hook us up!” Even Chandler agreed. He’d counseled me on the subject at a restaurant once. We’ll it never happened. On the way up to Maryland to meet Sheila the Feds arrested her and she began serving hard time…


Now here is that singer, Pink, a wife, and mother. I guess wildness and motherhood co-habit within one body. I thought of these things and more reading Pink’s words, "My life was once whiskey, tears and cigarettes. Now it's snot tears and the color of poop. I do miss the whiskey, though!" - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories

Read more:

Pink in blue ( read her arm tattoo)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment