Monday, May 14, 2012

LESS OF LIFE


I have been alarmed for decades at the rate of speed of the decline of the insect, bird and animal nations in my part of the world. The loss glares in our faces and surprisingly does not cause outrage only mild commentary. I do all I can including being mindful of the indigenous plants in my yard and the seeds we plant.  I talk to those nations. Always have.
                       
The most frightening thing, for me, was by a fire in the Virginia mountains one night a couple years ago. I couldn't sleep at first because there were no insects in the woods. Bird sound was non-existent and to sleep, rest, stalk or hunt in a forest with none of these sounds is deadly. With no indicators of hunting animals bears, coyotes, foxes it is dangerous in the forest at night. The only thing I could rely upon was my Medicine, my senses, the fire, my Spirit guides, the Creator's wishes for my life, and the relationship I’ve held for years with the Earth, our Mother. These are dangerous times, but without the relationships between the worlds upon, within and above the Earth, our Mother we will discover a loneliness and aloneness prophesies have not foretold perhaps because the prophets we listen to are not Mothers, or Grandmothers. – Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment