Monday, July 23, 2012

Heart Song Stone Man


I've been on a short road trip with my wife, and when I travel I don't get on computers, and talking on the phone is rare. I don't own a cell phone. The phones don't live up to their assertions about connecting. It has added another dimension to disconnection I never anticipated as possible to an already disconnected population.  That little side step from the topic at hand has a lot to do with our on going discussion, but it is relevant to the questions you posed.

My work with the process of Rites-of-Passage is a natural offshoot from the upbringing I had with its attendant initiations and the ceremonies that got me here at this stage of life. I have been working as a Rites-of-Passage facilitator for some years now. If someone is looking for a title I could easily be called a ceremonial hunter. I spent many years honing a skill set in the forest tracking, stalking wild dogs, and other animals. I learned a great deal about covenant, death, risk, movement, space, stillness, time, eternity, ceremony, the hunt, etc. in those years applicable to various facets of modern life.

I have children. Four. The youngest child, a boy, is 18 years old. Two are in their early thirties, and my youngest daughter is in her late 20's. I think she is 28. I don't remember things like that easily. It is the moments I immerse myself into that renders the obsessions with clocks outside of my range of interests into shadows... - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories

Gregory E. Woods & Shanelle Gayden at Healing March on Men

No comments:

Post a Comment