Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gathering



One night I was praying for someone who is battling a demon. I call him Bear. After prayers I went to sleep and Bear came to me in a dream, asking for help, so I called upon a healer to help us pray for Bear.  I call him Sacred Spirit because he is so holy. (These are real people living in this world) In my dream, Sacred built a sweat lodge and Sacred Spirit and Bear went inside to pray.

Spirit cleansed and prayed beside the Crow River as I did when I was young. While praying I was guided to the spirit plain to confront this demon. We did battle. It was a long battle and I was losing. Sacred sensed this in his prayers and came to my rescue. He told Bear to stay by my body (in trance). When Sacred got there he kicked me out of the spirit plain.  I came back to my body by the river and prepared to go back. Bear wouldn’t let me, but I knew the demon was too strong even for Sacred. So I guided Bear to the spirit plain.

When we got there, Sacred was locked in battle with the demon. He was barely holding his own. I told Bear that he would have to battle his demon because it would never let go of him if he did not fight.  I told him to give his demon a name and prepare to do battle. This demon was then named White Poison and Bear went into battle. Sacred joined me in prayer but we could see that this demon was too strong for him. I saw Bear fall to the ground and I began calling to the 500 nations to help us.

People came from everywhere. All the mothers, fathers, children, grandmothers and grandfathers all the way back to the beginning. They carried drums and rattles, bows and arrows, spears and shields and any weapon they could find. When White Poison saw this he knew he was beaten. White Poison turned and ran and the people gave chase. Beating their drums and screaming their songs at him. They chased him from the Earth and from the spirit plain.

As they gave chase, I saw a Grandmother trying to catch up to the rest. I ran up to her and she stopped and looked at me. I gave her my drum and she smiled and told me, "Tell them we are here for them. Tell them to draw strength from us." Then she disappeared and I woke up.

Bear still has to deal with the harm he did while under the influence of his demon and I continue to pray for him. His spirit seems a little stronger after what he witnessed. I am hoping to see Sacred on the spirit plain in the near future and thank the Creator for his friendship, guidance and strength every day. White Poison is hiding among the stars and with the Creator’s help he will stay there.

From the Archives of Biidaaban

No comments:

Post a Comment