Friday, August 17, 2012

THE SANKOFA PROJECT

Chadra Pittman Walke
"a spiritual child of the 70's, Northern born yet Southern raised, from the Bronx, New York. I've always enjoyed writing and have found it cathartic to get my feelings and thoughts down on paper or on a blog;). I found part of my calling when I discovered Anthropology in 1990. After college I landed my dream job working for the African Burial Ground Project educating the public on the excavation and the stories of the enslaved Africans in Colonial NY. Tragically, on Sept. 11, 2001, innumerable lives were lost. Our office and building along with the Twin Towers was destroyed on that day. I am a Lover of life. My boys are the light in my world. I don't tolerate prejudice of any form. I believe in equality in all forms and support marriage equality. 

Not really into labels, however, I suppose if I had to I'd come up with something like this: Earth mama, Flower child, Womanist, Humanitarian, Feminista, Animal Rights Advocate, Natural living, Warrior spirit, Child's Advocate, Human Rights & Equal Rights Pro Peace Advocate doing my part to protect and respect Mother Earth and raising my sons, with my partner, to be loving, sensitive, and productive men in this society."  - Chadra Pittman Walke, ceremonial leader & historian 


Chadra Pittman Walke
http://thesankofaprojects.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment