Wednesday, September 12, 2012

12 SEPTEMBRE 2012


Ty Gray-El, you said, "... 'self-inflicted' wound of 9/11."  Well, physics, and the science of explosives, and building structures was explained in relation to the Trade Center within two years after the attack, but most Americans I know, or read about weren't interested in evaluating the day. It was physically dangerous to voice introspection into conversations in the mid-West and on the East coast the first 3 years after the attack. In the first week I took my life into my hands sharing what I knew to frightened white college students about the relationships between Saudi Arabia, the bin Laden family and the United States. A retired, and re-hired Vietnam soldier came after me when I did not share or express surprise at the attacks. When I answered him, and said, "You wouldn't be if you understood American foreign policy!" He came at me. He tried to fight me on my job with his two new knees.

I took that shit serious. I had something for him under my desk.

I mention that in part because Forrest A. Wright's trip to Ground Zero, even today, took courage because Forrest has an obligation to teach his son the truth, and the truth is not always a valued commodity, and sharing the truth is a teachable skill best taught to a boy by his father! - Gregory E. Woods, Dawn Wolf, Keeper of Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment