Saturday, November 24, 2012

WARN A BRUTHA? ah, hell to the naw!


I despised the T-shirt when it first came out. It was funny. It is still funny, but I am a citizen. I was a man who staked no claim, saw no value in protecting Black criminals from the consequences of their crimes. Warn a brother? Not me. The ones I caught who resisted I hurt, and turned them in or arrested them when I had the authority to do that.

I tell the boys and men I work with who work on the other side of the law not to break the law in my presence because I will tell. When asked why, and they always ask why like it is a surprise or just an incredulous thing to say; I ask them what value do they bring to the market place and to the community? - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 11.16.12



For the love of the people.





No comments:

Post a Comment