Monday, March 18, 2013

SIR LEMUEL ELIOT-ABIADE, birth of a son

dark skinned woman meditating upon ...


“The difficulty of my childhood was not because it was harsh, and my home and parents were mean or cruel to me. My childhood was fun. It was magical and full of stories and adventures and movement and plots and friends and love and food. It was the assumptions of adulthood that interfered with the bliss of my childhood. To stop the rage, the insanity of the rush of adulthood I had to pause, as a child in my childhood, one day, and sit very still by myself and breath. I breathed in and out every story and moment I lived. One afternoon I decided to hold on to the magic and the mysterious explorations of my childhood in a very conscious way.

I would not learn the names of my food. I would continue to see and talk to the invisible man I could see and sense with me all of the time. I would eat and dress simply, and maintain the sensation of Earth living beneath and within me, and the dialogues with the dirt beneath my bare feet would continue. I would continue to wander, to explore what vibrated within me and around me in whatever country, or land I found myself alive! I would grow my hair long. I would dream and listen to the music that lived within me, and never ceased to play music from the celestial and terrestial worlds.

The words, "Our essential nature is boundless consciousness. We are rooted in it when the mind focuses and settles." from Yoga Sutras stirred these recollections, and focused me upon the revelation my first son gave me when he was born thirty years ago. Lemuel’s birth gave my spirit many words, many thoughts to have as my own. My life shifted when the boy was born. The day of and the days after the words, ‘Mediate upon the peace of growth’ came alive within my spirit, and for my mind; it became a mantra forever committed to shifting my energies towards a new way of being a man, a father, and later an older man who had lived long enough to see the next generation of my bloodlines.” © Gregory E. Woods  







No comments:

Post a Comment