Friday, April 19, 2013

AFTERSHOCK: 4 Things...

crazy imaginative shoes someone created via Chiko Shoes
Dec. 5, 2012

Life with my mother evolved my soul, and expanded my outlook. Her dying deepened and expanded me. Her death left expansion, tension and release. My impulse to see, seek and fathom, or be involved with beauty is intact. It thrives alongside the unction to live well, and share with others. It, the feeling, is very much like the blades of grass, or the dandelion that emerges between the crack of a brick wall, or a sidewalk. Love, life, feeling, light are entities composed of expansion, that harness possibilities, and resurrect intangibles within my nature. 

Death comes thoughtfully through the nature of Mankind. Does Nature mean to expand us by consciousness and awareness, or weaken us through grief? Does the cosmos need the developed energies of my mother for the benefit of others, or its own benefit? 

Burying Mommy raises questions, in my mind, to the four elements. The Earth, our Mother, the Air, the Water, and the Fires need our bodies for consumption so the burial of her body is an important decision to make as a family. It is a fair exchange. We used them  to live wisely. 

In the aftermath where does her salvation live? Is it within me? Is it part and integral to the movement of the cosmos, of Life itself? Does Mommy's leaving restore her children somehow, somewhere within them? In the wake of Mommy's death have the eternal questions become the puzzles of the temporal life, or is that the way it has always been? - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 4.17.13


Dec. 5, 2012
Chiko Shoes
you design yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment