Wednesday, June 19, 2013

FROM HER we came

Memoirs Of A Nubian - Ourstory
September 29, 2013
A Black father kneeling and kissing the womb of his pregnant wife and his daughter on his shoulders kissing her mother on the lips is an endearing and enduring image in my mind. Why? Perhaps it has everything to do with my own upbringing and what I was exposed to wherever I lived around the globe. I don't think I would have sustained this as a cultural paradigm had I stayed in the United States, and swam in its cosmologies. Outside of that state of being one's perspective can widen, and embrace another understanding of the sacred and envision another cosmology, and absorb the scent or taste of the symbolism of the tri-unity of family that knows the order of birth-life-death-resurrection! 

- Gregory E. Woods 11.2.13




No comments:

Post a Comment