Sunday, July 21, 2013

Church service

Ra Intwy Damaleya
May 26, 2013


One day, as an adult, I told my mother I only went to church to talk to the old people, play and talk to the children and look at the women. She was upset with that, but I told Mommy why. At the time I learned a great deal from old folks sitting in the church basement too tired and old to climb the stairs, and young people full of questions adults wouldn't listen to and discuss. Now the women? My God, they were wonderful to look at and be around. 

"But, I'd never marry one!" I told Mommy.

I'll stop there. That is another story for another time. It led to a serious discussion with Mommy that revealed some things to her she'd not considered, or perceived. As an older man I can be more clear, and say to Mommy, if she were alive:

"Children tell the truth, old people remember and at times embody the truth, and women are the promises of truth. In essence that is what I felt, but it wasn't the whole of it." - Alowan Chanteh Inyan Wichasha 5.26.13


Ra Intwy Damaleya
May 26, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment