Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Personal Moon Story


The Ceremonial Moon:

Beating drums echoed throughout the village at full blast. The sound became the slightest echo as me and him ran further away from the site to find adventure with the cursed grins of a Bob Cat on our faces. We were spontaneous, aren't new lovers naturally are? We heard the twigs breaks and leaves crunch beneath our feet as we ran further into the dark valley. Tonight we would meet in the light of a full moon. Deer's, elk and birds moved anxiously out of our path as they heard the frantic movement of our feet and over worked lungs as we panted with excitement and giggles. Although we had no light until dawn, our heart's somehow knew the path as familiar and we followed almost indefinitely. I was followed by his hand, he held tight to my wrist as his soul lead mine further into the darkness beyond the outer-limits of my safety zone, I only kept up for I would not slow down nor let go. 

The smell of Dog Wood and shrubbery enhanced our senses as the icy cold breeze soothed our perspiration. The spirit of the wind whistled in our ears as we picked up speed from the bursts of adrenaline we endured while knowing we had almost made it to the peak of our destination. We had finally arrived , the mountain was covered by snow as soft as cotton, we then threw ourselfs into the land. We chuckled in between gasps of air and laid head to head as that of a compass, my body pointing south, his body pointing north laying across the cold haven. We stared up at the dark ocean blue skies with wonder and amazement with the gaze of two newborn children. The light of the moon waited until we had calmed, then she blessed us with her true beauty. What beauty she was, tonight she had the glow of 5,000 stars as seemed to perform for us when in actuality, it was our minds still moving vividly. 

I closed my eyes as small snowflakes stuck to my reddened cheeks only to sting them passionately, I then opened them in time enough to see my companion's face facing mine. His rounded dark brown eyes danced as the moonlight only defined them more and exposed his pure beauty as that of the moon's. He took the longest feather intertwined in his hair out and then tucked it behind my right ear. Although our surroundings were frosted, his hands were as if they had toasted by the fire back at the Pow Wow in the village recently. I slowly nudged my neck and shoulders towards his, he then rested his hand on my cheek and leaned towards my face. We kissed, all that was cold melted around me in my own imagination, his lips were fevered with passion and warmth. We joined as one that night, under the moon, between the earth and sky, under the deepest love spell you could only imagine. Jade SwiftHeart Margarita



Nneka Goforth
May 14, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment