Saturday, August 24, 2013

LADY IN BLACK IN STYLE

Xanny
August 24, 2012


black woman black wedding dress


CARE


That was an unfolding set of missteps and tragic miscalculations. Look what happens in a society like ours: isolation, fear, and selfishness. None of the things that create stability or community at work in millions of American lives, and hundreds of towns, cities and every state, I suppose. It is so normal. It is hip to many. I have noticed the same territorial selfishness in car owners and cell phone owners. I've seen people in dire straits in need of a phone ignored by people with phones.

I don't own a cell phone, and these things pop out to me quietly.  I watch the expressions knowing that neither the telecommunications industry, nor other related services have the insight or the foresight to keep in place public phones. More and more tragedies will occur amongst a culture driven by things other than what is good for all concerned. That is the American way, sadly. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 11.4.12


No comments:

Post a Comment