Friday, August 23, 2013

MR. ROGERS







"Strange cat Mr. Rogers." I thought of him when my children were little things. 

As wholesome as his image was sold I was not a white father, and the images entering my children's minds were going to be seen, examined for authenticity, cultural relevance, and measured by the guidance I received from the insights the ceremonies I performed for them at birth dictated to me from them, and the Creator of their lives. With a clear mind and conscious awareness I could not follow a tradition and simply give my children away from themselves and their true spirit to an identity crisis sure to come from allowing white people, and the images they deem important to dominate the things going into them.

Jesus said it wasn't what went into a man that fouled him it was what came out of him that corrupted a man. I understood both sides of what that looks and feels like to a child before a child is consciously aware of the depths of his or her lives. What I needed was to inject as much purity into the children as possible, and control the environment(s) they were in, and around by being present on each level of awareness I was cognizant of. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 11.22.12


a 1912 8th grade exam

No comments:

Post a Comment