Saturday, October 19, 2013

See the contrasts of seduction?

Lauren Bacall in 1989

 Lauren Bacall, to me, is deeply stirring in her beauty of soul and body. I've always thought so throughout every stage of her life I've observed from the 1940's forward. I cannot put the depth of the feeling, or the embrace of what she unknowingly captured of me into words capable of translating the spirit evoked by the relationship of things that rivets me into the energies of the actress' spell.

Knowing she was born in 1924 some of my friends are aghast at my awe of Lauren Bacall. It is the formlessness of perception that makes me accessible to the possibility of being a part of the myth, and the testament of her femininity. Age? Doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does to the many accompanied by their belief in their fears of the maturation process towards their entrance into the realms we come from. I suspect it is the timelessness of her lines, and the density of her voice, and her presence that emits a sound I hear along with the crispness of autumn leaves falling, and rising in the cool winds of fall.

Women can create 'the trembling' within a man she desires, but it is the seasoned practice of conjuring, and seduction that sustains the victories over the imaginations of creative men in need of the spiritual touch of seduction, and the alarm of being constantly touched by the forbidden passions of a fruit never far from the vines entwined around the strong soul of their manhood. It is really something being a man enchanted by so mysterious and inaccessible a woman as a Lauren Bacall. When the equivalent, or the woman who exceeds the dream of a Lauren Bacall, a Nancy Wilson, a Dixie Carter, a Celia Cruz's projected image meets the right man, and the prepared man she can create the impetus of birthing rituals that becomes a man within himself. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 8.19.13 

Lauren Bacall sits atop a piano while Vice President Harry S.Truman plays at the piano at the National Press Club canteen February 10, 1945
"There are contradictions and contrasts in the seduction employed by women from one generation to another." - Dawn Wolf 


from Auckland, New Zealand
Mercedes Young
posing for Babe Method magazine
July 24, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment