Thursday, November 21, 2013

MEDITATE


ulianakardash 29788
Uliana Kadash
#29788


ulianakardash 5890
Uliana Kardash
#5890
The phrase, 'meditate upon the peace of growth' came to me when my son, Lemuel was born. Each of my children gave me words from the other side of the wombs they lived in. The urgency and anticipation of their lives in their mothers, and the way their mothers looked and felt mediated my apprehensions. The children's entries into this world was harsh because of the hard lights, the firm tones of people, the coldness of the air and the lack of water. For the baby touch was important, and the feel of plastic gloves should have been disorienting!  As quick as possible the babies went to the mothers embrace. In Andrew's case (my second son)there were songs in the air from the other world he'd come from!  - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 8.30.13



Lemuel, Talia, (center)  Juanita, (Talia's mother) & Renee, (Lemuel's mother)
December 4, 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment