Friday, December 13, 2013

Touch of LIFE

KD

Kimberly Elizabeth 


Kimberly Donlon on December 7, 2013 at Greenpoint Gallery show with her work assembled for appreciation and sale.


Kimberly Donlon's "Alice Where's Your Face?" sold at the University of Central Florida November 13, 2013. It art is an acrylic measured at 22 x 24". Prints are being sold at https://www.etsy.com/shop/KimberlyDonlon    



Alice Where Is Your Face?

My first thought seeing this piece was "The victims' faces are always rendered invisible by the cruel intent of the bully, and the bad guy." My first emotion was one of surprise. My feel for the colors and the sense of shadow descending upon the scene lent to a sense of foreboding for Alice's life. Then I thought, "this is Alice in Wonderland. She'll be OK!"  But, that thought went away because it was an illusion, and I thought how easy fear sets in and plays with your mind surrounded by the sense that the familiar is now your enemy and no nice words or clever tongue will save you...

And then I thought, "I wonder what the artist dreamt?" and then I was grateful for my distance from the immediate circumstance Alice seems to be in. At that a measure of guilt gripped me, and wrestled with the part of me that will fight for someone who can't fight for themselves, or doesn't know they are in danger. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 12.13.13




Kissed!!! 
The artist is also a substitute teacher in New Jersey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment