Thursday, March 20, 2014

Betwix DARK & LIGHT



The story that sparked this reaction in me is about a New York city school teacher who a policeman arrested because he assumed the man had smoked a cigarette with marijuana in it... Read the story yourself. 

a grim spectre. photo by  Sam Hodges
July 29, 2013 
"Having lived in and visited countries that were police states it is astounding how easily it has been for American citizens to relinquish their legendary freedoms and fighting spirit. It was avoidable, but Americans at this time in history are deeply committed to being consumers and have developed a penchant for being afraid and making decisions based upon fear and denial . It is sad, but it could easily have been avoided. Momentum towards a police state is growing, but there is enough of an opportunity to regain integrity and become a free people instead of remaining sheep-like.

Speaking of sheep how much of this change of consciousness is related to the religion that encourages followers to become like sheep in need of a Shepherd?" - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 12.19.13


model, Kim Thomas July 2012 in the woods in white wedding gown by Sam Hodges. 

A better quality image:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68992703@N07/7623986500/in/photostream



... I know a man, a white man who would daily walk within two blocks of the White House smoking a joint. He got away with it, he told me, because the police would not stop an older white man in a $400 suit smoking a rolled joint. He said I couldn't do it. "You're suspicious from the beginning."

My friend wouldn't let me walk with him smoking a cigar because he said I attracted unnecessary attention to him. So, we agreed to meet in a park near the White House on I Street, NW and talk while I smoked my cigar, and he his 'weed'! - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories



No comments:

Post a Comment