Tuesday, March 18, 2014

TRUE LOVE: It's No Tall Tale


Moll Anderson & her husband together March 18, 2013 on their 7th wedding anniversary. In her blog she writes about what love taught her.

 
HER STORY


Today, I celebrate my 7-year-anniversary with the love of my life, my charming Charlie. As I celebrate with him, I want to share with you what I have learned about love – thanks to this marvelous man of mine.
Destiny is your friend. Destiny may be right around the corner and just one degree of separation away from you right now. Charlie and I met through a mutual dear friend. All those years spent looking and looking and right there he was. Destiny will always lead you to the person you’re meant to be with, right when you’re meant to meet them, oftentimes when you’re least expecting it! Just keep your eyes – and heart – open and destiny will take care of the rest.
It’s never too late. I met Charlie later in life at 45. As Whitney Houston once sang, I used to wonder, “How will I know?” Well, Whitney, I knew it was love when my heart stopped and I couldn’t eat. While I wish I’d met him earlier for so many reasons, I realize that I needed this extra time to get to know myself better, to learn what I really needed from a partner and to be led to him at the exact, perfect time for both of us. It’s exciting for me, really, because he was truly everything I could have asked for and more, at the exact moment I was ready for him to come into my life.
Easy Does It. People always say that being married is “hard work”, but with Charlie - for the first time in my life – it’s not hard work! The ease we have with each other lets me know that we are just meant to be. When you’re with the person you’re really supposed to be with, even the most daunting things don’t seem so difficult.
Like your love. Yes, you must love your partner. But it is equally important to like them. I really like Charlie. A LOT. He is truly one of the most amazing people I have ever met. He’s brilliant, strong, loving, passionate, determined, thoughtful, giving and – best of all – he loves me big-time! We are of like mind, we believe in God and we love giving back. We work hard and, oh, how we love hard! We believe in each other, we laugh, we cry, we support each other and are each other’s best friend! People always say that adage about “marrying your best friend” but it’s a point that many people choose to ignore until it’s too late. Yes, the passion is mucho important but the partnership is pivotal too.
Know thyself. Finding my love later in life, I have learned that love really is what makes the world go round. But I have found that it’s equally important to love yourself first. So if you’re single, really take this time alone to get to know yourself and love your own company. What you want, what your needs are, what delights you and excites you are all things that will help you know who the right person is for you. Don’t believe me? Baby, I’m livin’ proof.
Celebrate daily. While it’s crucial to celebrate these marital milestones, Charlie and I really try to celebrate our love every day. It’s those little, loving moments – that cup of coffee together in the morning to start the day off right or that cocktail in the evening to download our day and connect with each other– that really make our marriage work.
Do new things together. So how are we celebrating our anniversary? By conquering the world! Well, sorta. We just went to Paris for the very first time! Neither of us had ever been before so it was thrilling to experience such a magical city together as a couple. The architecture, the art, the people, the food, the fashion, the food (oh wait, did I say that already?) – it was a thrilling trip that neither one of us will ever forget!
And thankfully we won’t have to, thanks to all of the pictures we took! Thank you, especially, to our son Michael for taking this beautiful video of us dancing on the bridge in front of Notre Dame. Our love immortalized on film! - Molly Anderson



Molly Anderson
wearing her beauty choice of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics for the
most romantic week of the year Valentine's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment