Saturday, June 21, 2014

DISCIPLINE



"When your past tries to incarcerate you in your present," says Rev. Grey, "you need to break free and shout the words, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'! I agree knowing not everyone wants to be free. But, after any of us say the words,'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'  we need to develop a spiritual practice that is also practical. Otherwise, we will find ourselves in a spiraling circle constantly returning to the first point.

I remember when President Reagan's wife started the Just Say No campaign as if it would cure an ill. It didn't. It lacked substance, a firm structure for a child to hold on to, tools and failed to teach the skill sets to be successful against a tide of unbelievable forces!

The easiest thing to do is to make announcements. The hardest thing is to work. Spiritual work creates an energy, a vortex of power in relationship with true powers that are respected by dark forces, moods and inevitable outcomes. In the secular world and the spiritual world commonalities are shared the way breath shares with words. - Gregory E. Woods, 6.21.14




No comments:

Post a Comment