Friday, June 27, 2014

FOOD vs AMERICAN FAMILIES

Getting to Yum: The 7 Secrets to Raising Eager Eaters




Interesting. This subject and its relevancy to these times is troubling for reasons I cannot quite grasp. Something transpired in this generation, and it may be entitlement (I don't know), that did not exist prior to these times. The science of making children eat is indicative of something outside of what I know about food.

I traveled the world growing up. Never in my household, or any I visited, nor in any continent did parents struggle thus. Eating and play were as fundamental to being a child and being alive as breathing and coming home at night after playing all day was a natural rhythm. But, a scientific and methodical approach to getting a child to eat? Interesting it may be, but isn't it a 'tell' that something is askew in our approach to life? - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 5.29.14





No comments:

Post a Comment