Friday, June 20, 2014

VIOLATIONS


 April 19, 2014 


Karen Henderson Meachem said, " We are targets everyday in ways we don't even realize. Because of our gender, we must constantly think about how to be safe. Fear proscribes how and where we live, where we walk, where we park, where we sleep, eat and travel. As women, we know there are some things we cannot -- or rather, should not -- do, some places we should not go. We've seen the movies, we've read the articles, we know the statistics. The media is our collective storyteller and the story it tells us over and over again is that there is no safe place -- not on the roads where we drive, on the streets where we walk, not even in the house where we live. We feel at risk because we are.


I worry sometimes that I might get attacked or something by some guy because I run in the morning and it's always real dark. I got a dog, so that I can run with him, and I also carry mace on me now when I run."
I'm most afraid of being attacked by a man, especially if I'm out jogging or riding my bike or walking. I don't go out alone at night. I used to run with headphones on and I don't do that anymore so that I can be aware of what's going on around me."

I'm always afraid in a situation where there's somebody that could overpower me easily. I lock my doors, park in lighted areas, don't run in dark areas. I'm afraid every time I take my garbage out at night, because I know that women have been attacked and raped just by simply taking the garbage out, being caught unaware at nighttime. I always take my two dogs with me when I take out the garbage." NO SAFE PLACE


In the U.S. it is estimated that 1 out of 3 women will be assaulted or have already been assaulted in her life time. 85,000 rape are reported every year and 35,000 rape related pregnancies are reported. 60% of brutalizing acts are not reported meaning that their are many more rape related pregnancies.


face of an Elder


One rape survivor, in testimony before the Louisiana Senate Committee on Health and Welfare, described her son as “a living, breathing torture mechanism that replayed in my mind over and over the rape.” Another woman described having a rape-conceived son as “entrapment beyond description” and felt “the child was cursed from birth.

"If you ask a woman what she is afraid of and what she does to protect herself, she'll give you a list of specifics. Ask a man the same question, and he might not understand what you mean. While we were working on our documentary, we conducted an informal survey, asking that very question to men and women. Their answers were enlightening. Typically, women were afraid of physical violence or they were afraid for their children's safety."

"When we started working on our documentary film, we began keeping a file of clippings about the abuse women suffer at the hands of men -- a pregnant young woman shot by her boyfriend, a woman assaulted and run over by her attacker's car, a woman who had suffered a stroke bludgeoned to death by her husband, a young mother and her two-year-old daughter murdered by a spurned boyfriend, a seven-year-old sodomized by her father�s friend. Sometimes the stories appeared almost daily, often two or more in the same paper. Our files so soon started to bulge that I gave up adding anymore disheartening evidence. Not one of the accounts ran a headline declaring, "he was a woman's worst nightmare," even though the accused's crimes included stabbing, raping, choking, beating, and brutally murdering females. No Safe Place - PBS.



May 31, 2014 

"I think that we can all agree that there are "Ain't Shit Niggers" and "Ain't Shit Bitches". These two groups are a threat to our community and they can be found in every class of the dominant society. It is my observation that being accountable and responsible is the difference that makes the difference. Those who resist being accountable and responsible are easy to identify because they are normally quick to go into what I call my 3Ds...Dismissive, Deflective and Delusional. 

Stay focused on one point at a time. Do not allow them to drag you into a conversation you weren't having. Sometimes you can get them to look in a mirror and see themselves as you see them... SOMETIMES..." - Rude Finesse


"Males born to unstable single mothers are far more violent than males born to two parent homes the majority of the time because a lot of black mothers are violent and exercise violence on their sons. How often is it that black man tell jokes and stories about how relentlessly their mothers "whooped their ass" when disciplining them but blindly do not see how they play out that same aggressiveness towards one another on the streets because they adopt the thinking, mentality and emotionalism of their mothers." - Shane Rhabb



Man's evolution 



No comments:

Post a Comment