Saturday, July 19, 2014

EAGLE IN Her DREAM



Feed the Eagle



In my dream I went down into the bowels of Mother and found myself in an Eden like garden. There was a beautiful and quiet bench under the most amazing tree I'd ever seen. I went to investigate, and in a heap at the foot of this tree was an Eagle. The Eagle's feathers were pretty much either ratty or gone and the Eagle itself mostly dead although a spark of life still was left in it. I picked the Eagle up and I was devastated. Tears were falling down my face. I turned to the tree and said, "Who would do such a thing?" 

The Tree shivered and pointed to a very dark place beyond the garden. Then the tree said, "Bring it to your Teacher first." 

I took the Eagle in my arms and called my Hawk to me. I got on its back with the Eagle and we flew up beyond the clouds to the Upper World where the Elders are, where Teachers are, and Great Spirit. When I got there I gave the Eagle to my Teacher who is called Straight Feather. He took it tenderly and began giving it some sort of medicinal drops. Then he turned to me and said, "You have not been feeding this Eagle." 

I was stunned. I said to him, "Elder, how could I feed an Eagle, I didn't know I even had him." 

My Teacher turned to me and said, "I know that my child. None of the Nations remember this gift, and they have forgotten to feed it." 

I began weeping even more and threw myself before him. "Tell me what to do.", I said. 

He told me to take the Eagle back to the lower world and search for its Spirit. I gathered it in my arms and he gave me the drops to give to the Eagle. 

"Once you have found its Spirit you must feed it every day with drumming, with chanting, with all the knowledge you have in the Beauty Way. You must begin to share your dreams." 

I took the Eagle down again and after much searching I came to a very dark cave. This cave was in a place where there was no direction, no up, no down, nothing but swirling madness and the sound of a thousand disembodied voices crying out. I went into the cave and there was a very large, very ugly troll holding a large ball of light. I knew immediately that this ball represented the Spirit of the Eagle. 

The Troll snarled, "How dare you invade my cave." 

But I stood tall and with me were my Wolf spirit totem, my Bear spirit Totem, and my Relations and several large Angels as well. I asked the Troll why he held the Eagle spirit in his hand. He sneered and at that moment there was a large war cry, and all the Elders, Spirits, Angels, Great Spirit Itself swooped into that room and took the light from the hand of the Troll. I was given the light and I quickly blew it back into the Eagle. When I turned around the Troll was gone. I took the Eagle out, and all of a sudden it turned into a Phoenix, and all that was death there became life, and the voices that had been crying were praising and thanking Spirit.


by   (april 26, 2010)




No comments:

Post a Comment