Sunday, July 27, 2014

I SEE MYSELF

April 11, 2013

Judge Judy is a woman I don't know. I don't like her popular show, JUDGE JUDY, and I don't like her on television. But, in 2007 I listened to an  interview featuring her, and promoting her book, 'Beauty Fades, Dumb is Forever'. 

I was struck about what I have come to value: a wise woman's insight into process, and progress. I don't remember the show she was interviewed on, or the host, but I wrote the words she spoke laced with wisdom, care, and encouragement.

"Let's talk about women who don't know how to get the best out of life, and they don't understand that they have to be the hero of their own story. I didn't say heroine. I said the Hero of your own story. Women are used to, sort of deferring to men." she continued in that annoying voice of hers. "They prefer to be liked rather than respected, which is why it has taken women so long to get some kind of parody in the work place!" - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 6/4/13


African American woman in red dress!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment