Saturday, August 9, 2014

Beauty & Age


From one of Claudia Eliza's photo albums. I suspect I know her from my Free Gospel days.
December 24, 2013 





I have always been intrigued by how Beauty comes to us, and redefines herself in us and upon us over and over again. It is not that Beauty fades. Fading suggests finality; an end of. Beauty of spirit and body dances along with the momentum of life-death-resurrection the way we do because Beauty has life! Beauty has to do this dance. Being integral to our growth, and development this dance is the logical course of action. 

I said too much, but the woman in this picture brought it back home to me all the things life has taught me since I began, as a young man, to question the notion that Beauty was vain. She isn't. Beauty is an evolutionary process of discovery, as are we. Beauty is one of our mysterious attributes! She came with us each time we were born, and transformed with us in a circular fashion from dark to light, from not knowing to enlightenment! - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 2.9.14 




"We enter into what we came from when we're born into this life." - dawn wolf, keeper of stories  

No comments:

Post a Comment