Wednesday, September 3, 2014

THEY ARE GONE TO LIVE WITHIN US!


actress Christine Baranski 




It is incomprehensible in the throes, the charge, the challenge, the novelty, the details and strength of a long marriage to accurately embody and hold what it will mean to lose your spouse. After a few years, a month, or decades it hurts in innumerable ways. After 30 years, as actress Christine Baranski can attest, losing one's husband is shades different from the expectation of a dead spouse. 

I went to Daddy's house when Mommy died to tell him she had just died. He said, "I know. David (my brother) just called."

He was devastated and weakened in his body by the loss. Like an old man, which he is not, he walked to the sofa from the staircase at the front door and sat in painful slow motion. Daddy was crumbling and after long minutes of grieving Daddy said, "We thought I would go first. I... we... I thought it'd never end like this!" 

The words weighed us down and those present: my sister, sister-in-law, Sherrie and I descended into the deep shedding in the immediacy of the death of Mommy. 

Death is a constant companion to a warrior, but in the body of our mothers and wives, our fathers and brothers it takes on personal traits that supersede the indifference of a warrior's stance as a daily practice. 

- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 5.26.14




Christine Baranski Spouse Matthew Cowles Dies 




Christine Baranski composed and seated.


No comments:

Post a Comment