Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tributes to MARILYN MONROE


Madonna

Pop legend Madonna's most iconic video, "Material Girl," is based on Monroe's performance of Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend in the 1953 movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Madge emulated Monroe's look in a fitted pink dress with piles of diamonds and made sure to surround herself with a circle of men in tuxedos. Still, in 1992, Madonna dismissed the idea that she was like Monroe. "The main thing that we have in common is that we bleach our hair. She's a 'sex symbol' and a 'sex goddess' and I can relate to that in terms of how many people like to see me," she explained to Smash magazine. "I kind of like to take that imagery and what everybody's preconceived notions of what a sex goddess is supposed to be and turn it all around. Throw it back in your face and say, 'Yes, I can be this sex symbol, but I don't have to be a victim, and I don't have to be fragile.'"



Megan Fox

Like Marilyn, Megan Fox has earned a reputation of being one of the more difficult actresses to work with on set and is a favorite of men. But the 28-year-old Transformers actress claims to have had a connection with Monroe long before Fox made her way in Hollywood. "She was one of the first people I saw on television, like, literally moments after I was born," Fox has reportedly said. "Every time I heard her voice growing up I always would cry. I wouldn't know why when I was younger, but had my own theories. I've just always empathized with her." Many years later, Fox was still obsessed, and famously had the late actress's face tattooed on her right forearm as a tribute. By 2011, however, Fox had a change of heart, and confirmed that she was in the process of having the Monroe tattoo and several others removed because her tastes had changed. "This is going to be the least painful one to take off," she explained on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. "She doesn't look so good anymore!"


[I did not record any of these interviews. I apologize for misplacing the author's name who took the time to interview and write this article I used. ~ Gregory]

No comments:

Post a Comment