Sunday, October 12, 2014

RUSH MORE





"I have been to Mount Rushmore. It was majestic until I looked at the visitor's faces, and saw no reflections of myself anywhere. None of the eyes would look into mine, and I realized there was no grasp of the enormous contradictions, and the bold declarations of dominance over a race of people. To those white faces it was a normal state of affairs, of being. It was not questioned. There were no questions to be raised. It bothered me then and now it festers living in Washington DC. Here in the District of Colombia the same blank, "I don't care about it" attitude is in the eyes of football fans incapable or unwilling to 'see' the contradictions of the name of their football team, and the acceptance of white dominance over a whole race of people is lost in the souls of Black American citizens. It is the oddest of odd puzzles, and the most successful trick in the Book of Manipulation of Images." - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 7.10.12




4 Chiefs 




No comments:

Post a Comment