Wednesday, October 15, 2014

SPORTS, SUPPORT & WIVES


Special status is given to wives in a society that gives credence to certain professions and ways of life and living in this world. Coming up in my father's household I learned how crucial the 'right' wife was to the career diplomat, and military officer. Corporate executives' wives are scrutinized as relentlessly as a politician's wife is examined for the martial flaws, or compliments that will break or make her husband's tenure in office. Academic professors and ministers' spouses are as important.

In sports I cannot make the intellectual connections to understand why professional athlete's wives should, or do fall under careful scrutiny during draft picks, for example. Somewhere along the line they've arisen from the decency of distance from the playing field, and fallen into the sunlight of fame! It must have happened for a reason. I can't shed light on the subject. I am not a sports fan in the sense of viewership. I like playing outdoor games. I can't watch them on television. Boring and mind numbing.

Now, the wives of professional athletes are showing up on television. They even have an acronym attached to them, and a great BET television show, The GAME, made them real followed by a reality show about the wives, and the Kobe Bryant scandal with the white woman that brought out his intelligent, beautiful lawyer wife. I remember guys I know talking about it, and showing me his wife's picture. Seeing how fine she is we were scratching our heads wondering how fine and gifted the white woman he slept with must've been in bed and their relationship! That is as far as I went with the story. I am sure others can fill in the blanks about the story.

Well, the reason I wrote this down was based on an article on the subject. It was the picture of the wife of some athlete posing in a bikini poolside, tanned and alluring. The seduction on her face dripped, and the way her fingers rested on her face lightly touching her lips threatened to put a smile on my face. She is muscular, or rather physically fit, but the tan line on her feet held me the longest. The amount of developed muscle there, I thought, must've come from long years in high heels. I know it is trite, but it is interesting from the perspective of a man what is alluring and attractive about women to men. It was a while before I could see the article. The acronym. It was the acronym NBA WAGs. What the devil is that? Well, here is how the article started, and the link.  - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 5.27.14


elaine alden hot
a 2014 WAG 

not copied 

No comments:

Post a Comment