Monday, November 3, 2014

Poli-Chicks


Wendy Davis poster 



In the political circles I thought oogling over powerful white women in office, or on the political front was taboo babe watching as a sport! After all those white conservative folks are always talking about morality and family values implying that propriety is in order. The church tradition looks down upon women's sexuality is the message Church gave to many a person each Sunday; so in the bastion of the Bible Belt there is a monthly babe magazine and a distinction: Poli-Chick of the Week! On July 3, 2013, Senator Wendy Davis was the chick of the week and she is a single mother of two known for talking for 13 hours in pink tennis shoes about abortion and women's rights!

A few weeks ago girl watching with some very young men in my teaching style I pointed out a woman walking a stroller with a little one trying to keep up with her crossing the street. The boys were unable to look at her, and finally forced to exclaimed their horror, "She is a mother!" They couldn't see her, or admire how fine she was, or engage in a natural flow in conversation from observing beauty to any number of subjects beauty would lead a man to discuss.

It was the same when I was a little boy of 5, or 10. It was impossible to look at a pregnant woman and study what is before you in those days. No one ever told me this, as I recall, but it closed my eyes to the sight of Mommy being pregnant with each child after me and I am the oldest of five! Important aspects of women's existence are not of equal value with other mysterious things I guess because sex and sexuality still leave people saddled with guilt and shame. - Gregory E. Woods 9.9.14




Sarah Palin & the American flag!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment