Friday, December 19, 2014

intense LOVERS



Sacred form amongst Stone People by Denis shot at the Dynamic Nude Photo Workshop, Lake Powell UT



film commentary

Our parents have past lives, and those events they lived shadow or dominate their children's lives like phantoms we glimpse from time to time, but cannot fathom, or know because we were young and vulnerable. I thought about this in my 20's as my childhood became a center stage work in production. It had to become in my mind open theater. As I get into the roles that played a role in my thinking I saw the shadows of my parent's childhoods in my childhood, and through face to face discussions with Mommy and Daddy I learned. More was learned as a father because my father came out of me in shocking ways. I was unprepared for this, but I had no opportunity to whine about it. I had to develop a course of action.

My first action was to talk with my wife, Renee, about it. We came up with an idea. Looking back it was probably Renee's idea. Anytime I was scolding the children she would monitor me, and when I crossed a line and acted like my father she would in a small voice say, "Herb." until I caught it, and stopped.

Herb is my father's name. The other side of his brilliant child rearing techniques were the mistakes he made with his first born: me. Daddy admitted his mistakes to me when I was 12 years old, but resolving the contradictions was reserved for my young adult years. With my brothers, sister, wife, and my parents learned to unravel and unlearn all that stuff. But it started with Reflection that led to Introspection. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories (1.25.13 )



Sacred Geometry design drawn by Sasha Grey




No comments:

Post a Comment