Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A World I Saw

Art is beauty



In the first instance I saw two worlds, one atop the other held by a monkey in the middle enjoying his game pretending the upside down world held above his head was a hat. To him it was a game. 

The next instance after the shock of watching the monkey play I thought of how questions and the monkey looked disappointed and annoyed. I heard a collective sigh from somewhere, and the monkey skillfully flipped the top world one rotation and it settled atop the other making it uncomfortable for the bottom world. There was a groan, and the firmament from above was separated, and depth and distance was given to the scene.

The People liked the change. I saw some come out to thank the Gods they perceived. One of them, no two saw me, and let out an exclamation which cast doubt to the believers. The Seers let out a mournful, but understanding sigh, and began the task of getting people to dream again.

When next I looked the dream was there, but it was different than the first glimpse. There was an island, a placid body of water and mountains in the distance. Nobody paid attention to the Sky Beings. I was one of the Sky Beings, and noticed the People's disinterest in the Above World. It made me said, and for a moment I doubted and questioned my worth as a Sky Being. The Creator reminded me of the importance of being a servant and servicing a People.

I looked down at the People content with myself and the way things were. I knew gratitude would return in season. For now there was the calm sounds of the body of water, the children playing, the women walking together, and the men pondering the sea.  ~ Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 6.5.13




No comments:

Post a Comment