Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Mystery of Pregnancy




pregnant Black woman with baby shoes



"I am subjugated by what the power of pregnancy is and does. I have long felt that way once I left childhood perceptions of the world I viewed all the time. Pregnancy is forward motion and still moments bound in time staffed by eternal notions resistant to the constraints of time and body. Pregnancy is a strength of knowledge and an understatement of value, intriguing mysteries and the unstoppable conclusion that mysterious forces crashed against a wall one could not see before the merge into a mother's womb. Such is the memory I hold."  
 
 
- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 3.3.15



pregnant Lea Ann Ellison, weight lifter


pregnant Black woman, Norine Tuck-Ringwalt heavy with twins



 

No comments:

Post a Comment