Saturday, April 18, 2015

Rolling a blunt

The Sexy Dimes and Faces of F.B
March 16, 2013

Mother of God. Do we dare say such a thing aloud, to ourselves, or repeat it to God, the God of Israel? Is it important to unlearn to learn to see the Goddess within each woman. No matter how dim the light, the revelation She, the Goddess, is there peering back through a woman's denial, a man's refusal to acknowledge her, and a system of belief poised to disbelieve such a notion. Do we say, "Mother of God" as a blessing, an announcement, or an affirmation when we look deep into the life and the essence of any woman? This series of questions are dynamic. They belong in the corners, and corridors of one's spirituality.

Yesterday, a long time ago, I was on a night patrol in a dangerous part of Maryland during the dangerous times of the drug wars of the 1980's when the lone person outside, a woman sitting upon a fence, reached for my gun when I passed her. My man walking close behind me was quicker. He slugged her with an enormous force of anger, and energy backwards and over the fence. She hit the ground so hard it made a dull thud, and the high she was on broke into terror. We must have looked like monsters they way we leaped the fence in unison in our dark uniforms that night ready to beat her senseless for her infraction.

"Please. Please. Mad Dog. Please. Don't hurt me! Please!" she cried out to me.

Her eyes rolled and shifted in terror. Her hands trembled, and my rage subsided into the internal conflict that held sway over my reaction time. It has always been forbidden for me to hit a woman, but that decision could have cost me my life. What saved her from the beating due her was the spiritual inkling I harbored, and it informed me of the sanctity of life and death, and tempered the killer within me.

Believe it or not the questions of femininity and the Goddess permeated my thoughts in those dark times of service to the communities I patrolled. How does the Goddess serve in your life? How does the Goddess surface in your consciousness? Where is she in the system of belief that services you? She is powerful in her presence, and her ability to live anywhere without validation. She even lives in our disbelief as well.

- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 7.2.13


No comments:

Post a Comment