Monday, April 13, 2015

The beauty of Aloofness

Playboy's 2012 Playmate
Jaclyn Swedberg
Photos



ADDICTION

Very few people can walk away from addictions. I've asked professionals about it, but their clinical and academic training gets in the way. Not being an addictive personality I had to watch people closely who were wrestling with their addictions. One day the hunt paid off. There was a woman I met, and grew very close to who confessed to cocaine and weed in her past.

She told me she saw something one day within her she didn't like, and simply walked away from the drugs. "How?" I asked.

Her answer was as clear and simple as yours. But there was more. There had to be more. I didn't know how to find and ask the right question, but eventually I did. Her answer to the right question was revelatory. She wasn't attached to the drugs or the lifestyle. She also did not find herself in continual bondage because, unlike most Americans who do drugs, she did not enter into the spiritual realm with pity, sadness, and the like. So leaving that life was easy. She didn't have to go through the typical 'divorce' process others went through. She just ended the relationship, and walked away! - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 2013

The Sexy Dimes and Faces of F.B

A queen moment. . .
June 10, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment