Thursday, July 9, 2015

Au Revoir Facebook?


WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, 2015

Au Revoir Facebook


Timothy W Higgins at Just Blowing Smoke... 

Timothy, I have been thinking about your presence online and of the same things about Facebook of late. I am pondering setting Facebook aside. I had my moment recently when Facebook shut me down. Apparently one person pointed me out as abusive. I'd written two thoughtful pieces probing the the legitimacy of the claim that Bruce Jenner was a woman, and if women claimed him to be one how much degradation to their essence and their wombs will women take? It was an introspective.

I am fully aware of the intense power of the Gay activist's movement, and the sheer weight of its intimidation techniques. Basically, bullying. That placed against the fear U.S. citizens carry like sheep easily led here and there outside of diatribes the average person is held captive in a strange paralyzing fear that asks little, protects no innocent, and no child. In that vacuum I posed questions public forums do not ask!

That is a long way of blowing off steam, but the second thing about the Gestapo system of governing Facebook uses is their inability or unwillingness to look at any side of a complaint save the complainant. It makes them look weak, pitiful and unskilled in customer service. But, as a large corporation why should they care as long as they look socially responsible?

The third thing. Facebook is determining whether Native Americans' names are 'Indian enough'! If not, in their estimation, they threaten them, or in the end take their page down. So far, they have not approached me, but no matter how many of us are bullied thus we have our responsibilities in worlds that matter...

Now, that was a long way around my original thought about you leaving Facebook. I was afraid you'd stop writing period. I enjoy your writing and your musings. You, I hope will still blog as you continue into another decade? Will you continue enjoying your cigars? - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 7.9.15



No comments:

Post a Comment