Sunday, July 12, 2015

SO MUCH FUN


Summer Swim & Body Confidence

Elizabeth Keene at A Keene Sense of Style 

By March, the idea of bikini season starts looming. We start swapping out our donuts for broccoli florets and heading to the gym instead of happy hour. All so that we can fit into our teeny tiny bikini's come summer. And every year, they seem to get smaller and smaller. The truth is, I've never felt very comfortable in a swimsuit. I know that seems odd, since I showcase clothes here on A Keene Sense of Style all the time, but clothes cover your body and make everything look, well, pretty. Ever since I was young, I felt like I just wanted to hide in my towel anytime that the occasion called for swimwear. But these days, I'm really trying to embrace my body, flaws and all, and yes -- there are many. Full disclosure: For this post, I made the conscious decision to spare you all, my dear readers, from my unsightly stretch marks. You can thank me later. I've always struggled with my weight, sometimes drastically, but that's a story for a different day. Today, I'm trying to love myself more and not hide from bikini season and these 3 super cute suits (and handy coverups!) helped me do just that. This post was really far out of my comfort zone but I hope that you all enjoy it. I probably won't do another swimwear post for a while though because I've really missed donuts and happy hour. Just kidding. 

I'd love to hear your tips for surviving bikini season with confidence. 
Also, which swimsuit is your favorite? Do you love solids or prints? Lacey fabrics or more classic styles?

Thank you all so much for reading this more personal post and thanks so much for your support! 

Xoxo -Elizabeth Keene, fashion blogger Sunday, June 28, 2015


First Look 
Elizabeth Keene modeling a first look in a
- Swimsuit: (Top) O'neill, (Bottom) O'Neill, Cardigan: Charlotte Russe, Bracelet: Forever 21,


Elizabeth Keene, fashion blogger modeling a
Second Look - Swimsuit: Amuse Society via Lulu's, Kimono: Billabong via Lulu's (similar),
Hat: 
J Crew, Chairs: Target, Bags: 365 Hangers & Brahmin, Sunnies: Charlotte Russe,

Second Look - Swimsuit: Amuse Society via Lulu's, Kimono: Billabong via Lulu's (


Third Look
Elizabeth Keene, fashion blogger modeling a third look in
Del Mar Swimwear, Shorts: Hidden Jeans in late June of 2015 !!!!



Photos by: JVillaPhoto



No comments:

Post a Comment