Wednesday, January 20, 2016

20TH PRACTICE: Let us see


One of the deeper things I learned becoming a Sirmiq Aattuq Wisdom Keeper is simply stated, but important to learn. For some the degree of difficulty disciplining one's self to read, or hear this mirrors how difficult it will be to internalize the three steps and do the work necessary. For me I was fresh into dealing with my physical heart. It had changed after I'd been struck by lightning, and in the following years the center piece of my healing process was not the steady rhythm I was use to. Forced with a new reality I needed the association of healers who understood to listen and help me where I couldn't. This is where I want to stop and show you something small, but significant.

First, learn to breath and slow the heart. Second, see the heart as a friend, a brother, not as an enemy. Embrace it. And thirdly, even in the face of death you must breath and see the present. In the present is the place to change the future. In the present is the only place to learn from the past. ~ Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 12.12.13


Feb. 26, 2013

EYE looking at EYE

I don't know whose conceptual idea this is, but it is a bit more than brilliant. I found this in Misa Campo's photo gallery on Facebook. The photographer remains unknown. Unfortunate because credit for talent, work and contribution to the better good is important to give to creators. Mimics have their place, but it is minimized because they have to wait for a creator to surface with a creation to be mimicked. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 12.12.13 



No comments:

Post a Comment